Saturday, February 16, 2013

'Box of Sunshine' Package Idea!

Hello! Here's the first package idea! This one is for January, although it didn't get sent until February.  Anyhow, the idea of the "Box of Sunshine" is to brighten up a Missionary's day.  Sometimes during the winter (Especially after all of the excitement of Christmas time), things can start to look kind of gray, so a little bit of Sunshine can help brighten up their day! As you can tell from my pictures, I bought as many things as I could find that were yellow. :)


 Some ideas of things to buy: Rubber Duckies, Mr. Goodbar, Everlasting Gobstoppers (I pulled out just the yellow ones, and I'll use the others in other packages), Butterscotch candies, Lemonade Packets, Peanut M&M's, Lemon Heads, Sugar Babies, Reeses Eggs, Yellow Post-it Notes (Star Shaped), Yellow Highlighters, Butterfingers, and Laffy Taffy.  I also found some other things Like a Yellow Bucket (Which I later filled with Ping-Pong Balls) and Pac-Man bandaids.

 So I started off by gathering up a whole bunch or random containers.  (The rectangle ones are from model train cars.) Any kind of container will work! I found baby food jars, sprinkle containers, bead jars, salt and pepper shakers, and even a container from some bath fizz. (Which I washed out.)


 Grab a bunch of craft stuff that's yellow and decorate your containers! You can use paper, stickers, ribbon, you name it! Any of it will work!



Here are some of the containers I decorated:

This is the bath fizz container.

These are a baby food container, a sprinkle container, and a salt shaker.

Baby food container.

Sprinkle container.

I took the Butterscotch candies and drew cute smiley faces on them using a Sharpie.  The container is a To-Go Pack cookie container.

 With every package and letter I send him, I also send him an inspirational quote.  This quote was fitting because it had to do with the theme of the package.

On the inside of the box I shipped the stuff in, I used a Die-Cut machine and cut out the suns.  I lined the inside of the box in yellow paper, and used stickers to put 'Box of Sunshine' in the bottom of the box.

 My box had writing on the outside, so I put a die-cut sun on each side over the writing so that I could ship it. It never hurts to use what you have.  One can never be too resourceful! :)

I put everything inside the box and wrote song lyrics that were uplifting that had the words 'Sun' or 'Sunshine' in them.  I also wrote a letter and put it in a yellow envelope.  (The red envelope was a Valentine's Day card because I was slow getting it sent... Haha)



This is what everything looked like once I got it all finished and put together.


This is a good package to send state-side.  It was kind of expensive to ship, just because I packed so much into the box.  Other variations you could do: If they're somewhere that's already warm and sunny, send the a box of snow! Find things that are blue, white, and gray and decorate the box with snowflakes. :)

The bottom line of this whole package: have fun putting it together.  Enjoy! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment