Thursday, September 12, 2013

'Birthday Box' Package Idea


This next package is for his birthday.  He has been out for 19 months now, so I sent a birthday package last year as well.  You can always substitute in a cake mix for the cookie mix, but I thought the cookie mix might be a nice change, and different from last year (I sent a cake mix, frosting, and candles). Honestly, this time I was on a tight budget, so I hit the Dollar Store. But they had plenty of great stuff! :)


Some ideas of things to buy: Cookie or Cake Mix, Happy Birthday Banners, balloons, Happy Birthday Streamers, noise makers, small party favors, party hats, candles, and a Birthday Card.

What I added in for a personal touch: Fortune Cookies (I bought way too many in bulk from Oriental Trading, so I added some in his package), Stickers, Golden Rules of Missionary Work (Purchased from Deseret Book), Fireflies (Glow in the dark helicopter things), a letter from me, and some letters from other friends.

The gift: A tie pin from Seagull book.


 With every package and letter I send him, I also send him an inspirational quote.  This month the quote was probably more for me than for him, but I still sent it because you never know who else might be needing to hear the same quote.


I shipped it in a USPS Flat Rate Envelope, and it was relatively inexpensive to ship.  Just have fun putting the package together! Missionaries love to get any kind of mail!

Until next time, Enjoy! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment